CLAIM CONTACT INFORMATION
FOR ANY COMPANIES NOT LISTED, CONTACT YOUR AGENT AT 954-340-9551 OR 1-800-323-7116
To find a company, click the first letter of their name.
ASI / AMERICAN STRATEGIC
BUILDERS INS GROUP
CHARTIS / AIG / COMMERCE & INDUSTRY
CITIZENS (NEW CLAIM)
CITIZENS (EXISTING CLAIM)
FCCI INSURANCE GROUP
FIDELITY NATIONAL FLOOD
FIDELITY NATIONAL HOME
FLORIDA PENINSULA INS. CO.
FUBA WORKERS COMP
GEOVERA (NEW CLAIM)
GEOVERA (EXISTING CLAIM)
HOMEOWNERS CHOICE (NEW CLAIM)
HOMEOWNERS CHOICE (EXISTING CLAIM)
SOUTHERN FIDELITY INS. CO.
SOUTHERN OAK INS. CO.
SUNSHINE STATE INSURANCE CO.
UNITED PROPERTY & CASUALTY
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY AFTER A LOSS
- Report your claim immediately.
- Take photos of the damage prior to making temporary repairs.
- Make temporary repairs as necessary to prevent further damage and protect your property.
- Keep detailed receipts and present them to the adjuster.
PRIOR TO STORM SEASON
- Make sure your insurance coverage matches the value of your property.
- Consider purchasing additional coverage, such as flood insurance, which is not covered under your regular property or homeowners insurance.
- Review your annual hurricane deductible which is typically 2%-5% if the insured value.
- Check to see if you have actual cash value or replacement coverage for your contents. Actual cash value only pays for the depreciated value of your contents, not the cost to replace them.
- Verify that your policy information is correct. Make sure your name and address are listed correctly. Also make sure that the mortgagee is listed on the policy if applicable.
- Keep records of all your belongings such as photographs, a video recording and/or receipts, appraisals, etc.
- The Insurance Information Institute (www.iii.org) offers free software to help homeowners prepare an inventory of their personal property.
- Keep your policy and all important documents safe. Place copies of insurance policies and important documents in your safe deposit box or somewhere off premises so that they can be retrieved in the event of a catastrophe.